The third annual Light Up Pulaski County holiday lights celebration and contest started Thursday, Dec. 8, and will continue through Monday, Dec. 26.
Conducted by the Waynesville-St. Robert Chamber of Commerce, the event is sponsored by Amazon, Laclede Electric Cooperative, Security Bank of Pulaski County, Waypoint United Methodist Church and City of Waynesville.
“This is a great opportunity for revisiting traditions and creating memories by loading up family and friends to share in the joy that holiday lights bring,” according to a news announcement. Purpose of the event is “to bring cheer and brighten spirits in our homes and community.”
Fees to enter the contest are $50 for businesses and $25 for non-profits and residents. Judging categories are:
• North Pole Award for best residential display that has an organized appearance or theme.
• Santa’s Helper Award for best decorated non-profit.
• Keep it Local Award for best decorated business.
• Spirit of Christmas Award for best traditional decorations.
• Northern Lights Award for best high-tech lights and
• People’s Choice Award, where the community votes.
Judging for People’s Choice will be held Dec. 8-18. All other judging will occur Dec. 15-17 from 6-9 p.m. The winner will be announced on Dec. 19, each category will receive a Yard Sign and $50.
The chamber will have a Special Santa decoration out in the community, and if you spot him at one of the local businesses, take a picture with him, and share it on Facebook or Instagram with hashtag #WSRCSantaSpotted.
Look for clues every Monday to see where he is located for the week. By sharing your picture with hashtag on social media you will be entered into the drawing for a $25 gift certificate to a Find Santa participating business.